The Faction Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Faction Hub

From the ashes of Gametrailers that sought out to thrash our private forums, we rose up and migrated from GT to create a site to preserve our independence from trolls, flamers, and other nonsense. WE WILL NOT DIE!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition

Go down 
+2
FearlessSasuke
Captain Hammer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RAAM582

RAAM582

Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Ooooo, maybe we could play sometime.

Cracked has the best articles. Oh man.
Back to top Go down
FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:33 am

My brother got Judgment and from what I saw it looks way more fun than Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CFSasuke?feature=guide
Archangel

Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:50 am

Hope you enjoy Bastion Captain, it's one of my favorite games this gen. Interestingly enough SuperGiantGames announced their new game, Transistor, an action RGP with a cyberpunk like theme. The aesthetics are very similar to Bastion, wonder if they're connected in any way.

Any who, I'm gonna pick up Judgment sometime this week. I was playing the MP Demo today and they changed the controls, which I have a bit of a gripe with. The Y button switches weapons, LB is to throw grenades and the D-Pad down is to Locate Players and Objectives/Tac-Com. This new layout is bad for me.

During matches I wanted to switch my weapons with the D-Pad, while running, but I'd forget and I found myself taking my thumb off A to press Y/switch weapons. This would probably not me be a problem for some Gears players but I mostly engage in CQC and abruptly stopping like that would normally cost me my LIFE!(It did a few times in the demo)

Not only that I'm someone who regularly used the Tac-Com in previous titles and having changed the Tac-Com to a dedicated Grenade button is terrible because I'd accidentally throw a grenade/auto sentry/ammo box/health pack/enemy locator. And exactly like how I can't switch weapons while running, I can't use the Tac-Com while running. I mean I could but that would require me to take my thumb off the Left Analog Stick just to hold the D-Pad down thus disabling my ability to move in the direction I want FUUUUUU-.

But yeah, the new layout is messing with the flow of the game for me. Really wish I could change it but then it'd probably defeat the purpose of the class based MP. Oh well, I'm just gonna have to get used to the controls.

TL;DR - New Button Layout messes with my Run n' Gun Style of play. Will have to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Archangel

Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:19 am

Well fuck. Watch out guys; Bioshock Infinite spoilers have surfaced.

Be careful what you read, I think I may have read the what happens :/
Back to top Go down
FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:25 am

Thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to avoid anything related to infinite.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Oh God no!

I saw a possible spoiler for TWD Finale, don't know if it was a photoshopped image though.
Back to top Go down
Quickstrike
Admin
Quickstrike

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:28 am

White Knight Chronicles servers for both I and II are going offline June 18th D:
Back to top Go down
https://factions.forumotion.net
FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Yea, some of the things that worry me about my PS3 games with online, they really need the option of letting you buy a sever if the game is offline.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Is it more MP based than SP?
Back to top Go down
Quickstrike
Admin
Quickstrike

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:52 pm

RAAM582 wrote:
Is it more MP based than SP?
Online is a huge component to WKC, it's pretty much the only way to obtain most weapons and armor and get the platinum
Back to top Go down
https://factions.forumotion.net
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:35 pm

That sucks. Never got to play it.

In awesome news, Comcast is going to have Watchathon next week (during my Spring Break) and I'm gonna be able to watch every episode of every season of GoT, The Wire, and hopefully Homeland. Are there any other HBO and Showtime shows worth watching?
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 pm

HBO:

The Sopranos
Boardwalk Empire
Oz
Deadwood
Six Feet Under
Luck
Girls
Veep
Enlightened
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Treme

Showtime:

First four seasons of Dexter
Shameless

But honestly, I don't even know how you're gonna watch those first three shows in just one week. That's 104 hours of television right there.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm not sure if every show available was on the article since a majority of the ones you listed weren't there. Hell, Homeland wasn't there, I'm just hoping it is. I know for a fact that GoT, The Wire, Dexter, True Blood, Girls, House of Lies, and a few others will be available.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Homeland will be included, according to this: http://www.examiner.com/article/xfinity-watchathon-week-to-give-free-access-to-thousands-of-shows

I'm guessing that everything on HBO Go and Showtime Anytime will be available, which means most of HBO's shows both past and present (and all of their present shows) and all of Showtime's present shows. So pretty much everything I listed should be there (though again, I'm not sure how you'll even get through those three shows).

Also, don't watch True Blood; that shit is fucking awful.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Don't worry, I won't. I will see what I can do. Hopefully I can get through GoT though. One week is not enough!
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:57 pm

I'd focus on getting through currently running shows like Game of Thrones, Homeland, and Boardwalk Empire. If you want to watch classics like The Wire or The Sopranos, you should be able to get the DVDs at your local library pretty easily; might be a bit harder with the currently running shows.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:27 pm

SPRING BREAK TIME!!!
Back to top Go down
FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Tumblr_mafkfgLK071rf1wv5o1_500
Back to top Go down
Archangel

Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:40 pm

My spring break has just about ended NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But hey, I got Gears of War Judgment. We should do the campaign cooperatively sometime next week or when ever there's a good time for y'all.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:55 pm

So I finished up classes around 3:30 today. I came up and started drinking. When I was through my second beer, my mom's boyfriend called me. He's in town and wants to get dinner. He wanted to surprise me. I was in a perfect position to get nice and drunk, but now I have to stop. And I don't have enough beer where I'll be able to get a decent buzz after these first two wear off and I've eaten. FML.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:25 am

I'm halfway through Judgment, wouldn't be surprised if I did beat it today.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:48 am

I beat Judgment. Tomorrow and until I get Infinite, I'll being playing Aftermath.

Right now I'm playing Overrun. Holy crap is it amazing. Overrun is now Gear's signature mode.
Back to top Go down
FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:51 am

Too bad they couldn't keep Horde in.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Overrun is better than anything.

There's Survival which is sorta like Horde.
Back to top Go down
FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Yea, just I've played alot of horde with family and It was really fun killing the horde and surviving each wave, I hear Overrun is alot more fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition   Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home V4 Quickstrike Returns edition
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next