The Faction Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Faction Hub

From the ashes of Gametrailers that sought out to thrash our private forums, we rose up and migrated from GT to create a site to preserve our independence from trolls, flamers, and other nonsense. WE WILL NOT DIE!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Home V8 Someone set us up the thread

Go down 
+2
RAAM582
FearlessSasuke
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 8:44 am

HOLY SHIT YOU'RE FINALLY PLAYING SOME RPG'S THIS IS AWESOME I HAVE SO MANY SUGGESTIONS I MEAN I'M NOT SURE I WOULD HAVE STARTED WITH THE WITCHER 3 IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE OTHER GAMES IN THE SERIES BUT THAT'S FINE OKAY SO YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PLAY THE MASS EFFECT TRILOGY NEXT IT'S A PRETTY ACCESSIBLE WAY TO ACCLIMATE YOURSELF TO THE GENRE AND IT ALSO PLAYS LIKE A FAIRLY STANDARD THIRD PERSON SHOOTER SO YOU SHOULD LIKE IT AND THEN IF YOU LIKE THAT YOU'LL WANT TO THINK ABOUT PLAYING THE DRAGON AGE SERIES AS WELL AND THEN OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO PLAY SOME BETHESDA GAMES I WOULD START WITH OBLIVION AND WORK YOUR WAY UP FROM THERE BASED ON WHEN THEY RELEASED THE TITLES SO OBLIVION THEN FALLOUT 3 (AND THEN YOU COULD ALSO PLAY NEW VEGAS EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T DEVELOPED BY BETHESDA) AND THEN SKYRIM AND THEN MAYBE IF YOU REALLY LIKE THOSE YOU COULD PLAY MORROWIND I MEAN I DEFINITELY WOULDN'T START WITH THAT SINCE IT'S AGED A BUNCH SO YOU KIND OF NEED THE EXPERIENCE WITH THE BETHESDA FORMULA SO YOU CAN GET THROUGH THE ROUGH PATCHES BUT THERE'S STILL PLENTY OF FUN TO BE HAD THERE BUT ANYWAY THAT SHOULD BE A GOOD STARTING POINT AND SO THIS IS PRETTY MUCH YOUR GAMING LIFE FOR THE NEXT YEAR OR SO BECAUSE I SAID SO THIS IS EXCITING.

Ahem... uhh, anyway, I got straight A's (legit A's, no minuses) for the first time in my life this semester. So that's cool.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 9:08 am

That's great Hammer!

I am hoping that the ME Trilogy will get an Xbone/PS4 remaster so that I can play those games. If not, I'll eventually get them. I want to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas over Winter break so I am ready for Fallout 4 next Fall, presumably. Then I'll dive into Skyrim after that. I also want to get Witcher 2 on 360 so I can play that one.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Right now I'm waiting for Arkham Origins to arrive so I can play that in anticipation for Arkham Knight. Until then, I'm finally getting to The Walking Dead: Season Two.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 7:08 pm

I really enjoyed Origins' storyline, thought it was better than City's storyline. However, City does have better gameplay than Origins. Overall, Asylum is my favorite Arkham game.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 8:48 pm

It's gonna be mighty aggravating listening to someone other than Kevin Conroy voice Batman, though. Same with Hamill and the Joker, but from the little bits I've heard it sounds like Baker did a good job.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Baker did a wonderful job as a younger Joker. It's very easy to imagine that as he gets older, his voice would develop into what we hear with Hamill. As far as I remember, the actor who did Batman did a very nice, younger Conroy voice.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 3:05 pm

He's... okay. But he's not Conroy. Nobody is Conroy. Game as a whole feels less polished than the other games in the series (part of that might be because I'm playing this one on consoles).
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:03 am

lolfilthyconsolegaming
Back to top Go down
Archangel

Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:55 pm

I still need to play the Batman games. Luckily I bought them off of steam not too long ago :0
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Get to it son! There isn't a single comic book adaptation that's better in gaming. Hell, I think the Arkham series is the best interpretation of Batman outside of comics.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm

I'm inclined to agree. Pretty much every other adaptation - The Animated Series, Burton and Nolan's films, and even Gotham at times - have their own redeeming qualities, but the Arkham series is really the only one to combine the over-the-top comic book-y nature of the source material with a more mature and relatively grounded tone. And of course, that is paired with some terrific gameplay.

Have you seen Assault on Arkham, Raam? Gonna wanna see that prior to Arkham Knight.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:19 pm

No I haven't, and I didn't hear great things about it either.

In terms of my preparation for Arkham Knight, I purchased a handful of graphic novels. I am going to attempt to start reading comics more. I'm covered as far as Marvel is concerned, but DC is tricky since they do not have a digital service like Marvel does.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 12:24 am

Huh; I thought Assault on Arkham was pretty well-received...

I've read exactly four superhero comics: Watchmen and three Batman graphic novels (Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, and The Killing Joke, all for a paper I wrote). There are others which I would like to read, but it can be difficult determining where one should start.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:38 am

There's a list of the graphic novels in order of continuity.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Based on my limited research, it seems like DC is much easier for a newbie to break into than Marvel. With Marvel, it seems like there are often a bunch of other characters from the universe popping up in each other's stories, and then you have these huge events like Civil War where everything seems to tie into it. It all makes for kind of an intimidating challenge. Another obstacle is the fact that my local branch of libraries has a pretty piss-poor collection of graphic novels, so a lot of the ones I'd like to read aren't even available to me. And I'm not really willing to pay for any of them, even though I do want to read them. So I dunno.

But anyway, OH MY FUCKING GOD FALLOUT 4 IS GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED FUCKING FINALLY.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Marvel doesn't seem like they have that many graphic novels. I mean, look at Batman. You've got Year One, Killing Joke, Knightfall, etc. What does Spider-Man have? It just seems like you read the individual issues with Marvel. There aren't largely iconic stories or graphic novels.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 11:30 am

They've at least got the collected volumes of those issues, which would be good enough for me if it were easy for me to get my hands on them. Would like to read some of Miller's Daredevil stuff.

FALLOUT 4 OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD...................... *faints*
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Fallout 4 is very sexy.
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:13 pm

I'm just sad that I'm probably going to have to play it on a console.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Aw boohoo!
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Truly, my life is filled with struggle and suffering.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:17 am

I hope it's not coming out this year.
Back to top Go down
Archangel

Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Didn't Skyrim come out the same year it was announced?

Also some disgruntled employee apparently leaked a bunch of stuff almost a year ago and it kinda lines up with what's in the trailer. He also said that October was going to be the release date.
Back to top Go down
RAAM582

RAAM582

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Yeah, that fella on Reddit?
Back to top Go down
Captain Hammer

Captain Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Meh, she (was a lady I think) said that the game would take place in Boston and that it would be announced around E3. Everybody knew the first, and it's not like the second was some great leap. She also said that the character would be voiced, and while the trailer suggested that this would be the case, it's not like that's been officially confirmed or that we have a full sense of what that might entail (might just be for very minor remarks). The "leak" said that there wouldn't be a playable female character, and I just cannot imagine that Bethesda would ever do that; they would get a huge amount of shit for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home V8 Someone set us up the thread   Home V8 Someone set us up the thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home V8 Someone set us up the thread
Page 3 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next